• Know where all of the heating and cooling units are in your home.
• Perform basic troubleshooting.
• Check your air filter. A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
• Write down the model number of all your Bryant products.
• Be ready to explain clearly what problems you’ve had.
• Know when your problems began.
• Make sure the system is accessible by the dealer, including units in crawl spaces or attics.
• Put pets in a separate room.
• Make sure an adult (18 years or older) is home to let your dealer in.
• Be prepared to answer the phone. Many technicians call when they’re on the way.
• If you rent, make sure you have permission to have your system serviced.
• If your heat pump is frozen, shut it off before the technician arrives so it’s thawed and ready for service.
• Have information on all prior services performed on your system readily available.
• Be prepared to make a payment to the dealer.
To print this checklist, click here.
Take a moment to make sure you’re prepared for your Bryant® dealer’s visit. Following this simple checklist before your appointment will help your Bryant dealer get straight to servicing your system.