Heating and cooling systems can be complicated. It’s your Bryant® dealer’s job to make finding the right solution simple. Everything you need is right here: Learn the basics of furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioning systems, the energy-saving benefits of dual-fuel hybrid systems or how Bryant can bring comfort practically anywhere with ductless systems. Discover how the right equipment can help you control air quality and humidity along with temperature.
Here you’ll find simple explanations and introductions to Bryant home comfort systems. And if you still have questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
Heating & Cooling Systems
The right Bryant system for your family depends on several factors, including the physical specifications of your home. There are five main types of Bryant heating and cooling systems: HYBRID HEAT® dual fuel systems, split systems, geothermal systems, packaged systems and ductless systems. Each system is 100% run-tested before it ever makes its way to your home, meaning your system will work reliably from the start. Your dependable Bryant dealer will assist you in choosing the system best suited to meet your comfort needs.
HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel System
It takes two fuel sources to be smart, flexible and efficient. A HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system combines the strengths of a gas furnace with an electric heat pump to deliver the comfort and efficiency you need year-round to give you more control over your utility bills.
A Bryant HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system consists of a heat pump for electricity-fueled heating and cooling, a gas furnace, an evaporator coil and a control. The system automatically selects the most economical fuel source – gas or electric – based on data through the control to heat the home with maximum efficiency.
Because a HYBRID HEAT dual fuel system provides the flexibility to work with multiple fuel sources, it provides additional protection from unpredictable fuel cost increases. And the system is so efficient, its heating costs are less than with any gas furnace alone.
HYBRID HEAT System Components:
• Heat Pump
• Gas Furnace
• Evaporator Coil
• Ductless Systems
A split system is a heat pump heating and cooling system or an air conditioner that has components in two locations. Usually, one part of the system is located inside (an evaporator coil attached to a furnace or a fan coil) and the other is outside your home (heat pump or air conditioner unit, also referred to as the condenser coil). This is the traditional system that many of us have in our homes.
Split System Components:
• Air Conditioner
• Gas Furnace
• Evaporator Coil
Geothermal heating and cooling systems tap into the Earth’s surface to use thermal energy found underground, or in a pond or well water. It serves as a heat source in winter and a heat sink in summer – instead of using outside air like traditional heat pumps. Geothermal heat pumps are able to operate efficiently on the coldest winter nights or the hottest summer days, to save energy and money.
• Preferred™ Variable-Speed Geothermal
• Legacy™ Multi-Speed Geothermal
• Preferred™ Split Indoor Geothermal
• Preferred™ Hydronic-Use Geothermal
Ductless heating and cooling systems offer both flexibility and complete control of your home’s comfort. These compact systems come in a variety of styles and sizes that provide personalized comfort control from room to room. Perfect for places that may not have HVAC ducts already installed – the basement, a new addition, the garage, a three-season room – or anywhere else your home needs additional comfort control. These versatile systems operate efficiently and unobtrusively, and are the perfect solution for many unique heating and cooling issues.
• Single zone
The Evolution® System
It takes the Evolution® system to achieve comprehensive comfort. The Evolution system is an advanced communicating system, capable of delivering high-efficiency performance and total home comfort in both warm and cold conditions. With an Evolution system, you have more control of temperature, humidity, indoor air quality, fan speed and ventilation in your home. As a communicating system, it can even detect when your air filter needs to be replaced and when service is needed.
Evolution System Components:
• Evolution Connex™ Control: State-of-the-art communicating control for temperature, humidity, indoor air quality, fan speed and ventilation. The control is the “brain” of the Evolution system. It constantly monitors and adjusts the system output for optimum comfort and performance.
• Evolution Gas Furnace: Provides reliable, high-efficiency heating for long-lasting comfort and energy savings.
• Evolution Central Air Conditioner or Evolution Heat Pump: Air conditioner delivers the ultimate in whole-home warm weather comfort with a SEER rating of up to 20. Heat pump provides year-round energy-saving comfort and value.
• PerfectAirTM Purifier: Captures and kills airborne allergens, bacteria, molds and viruses in treated air and improves the air you breathe.
• PreferredTM Humidifier: Replenishes moisture to dry winter air.
• Evolution Fan Coil : A necessary system component for homes that do not utilize a forced air furnace with an evaporator coil. When paired with a heat pump or air conditioner, the fan coil allows conditioned air (warm or cool) to be distributed through the home.
• Preferred™ Evaporator Coil: The evaporator coil is the indoor component of a heat pump or air conditioner when paired with a forced air furnace. It allows refrigerant to convert heat from a heat pump in winter or cold from an air conditioner or heat pump in summer into conditioned air to be distributed through the home.
• Ultraviolet Germicidal Lamp: Reduces amount of pollutants like mold, bacteria, fungi and viruses that may grow on your indoor coil.
• Ventilator : Combines fresh outdoor air with conditioned indoor air for better air quality and efficiency.
IT TAKES Air Analysis to Learn Your Home’s Indoor Air Quality
It’s important to know the quality of your home’s air. Your Bryant dealer can provide you with an in-home air analysis. If the analysis raises concerns about your air quality, solutions are available from the full line of Bryant products designed to help you clear the air.